I didn't expect to have anything sewing related to share this week, but yesterday turned out to be a day of puttering in sewing world. This month's block for the Wee Bee was a mini churn dash, which seemed simple enough but caused me lots of frustration. There are so many seams that the smallest inaccuracy ended up with a block that was ever so slightly off size. Now, you might think after the first off size block I might smarten up, but no, it took me THREE to stop and analyze what might be wrong! I've never been one to worry about perfection, but this was ridiculous!
So, I narrowed it down to zipper foot, ruler or pencil line. (or all three) I measured the zipper foot and all was well there. Then I took out a newish ruler and held it against my beloved 3x18 one and lo and behold, it was a hair different. So I backed it up just past the line when measuring and found that all my blocks were right on size. Who would have thought that over the years a ruler would wear down on the cutting side.
The requested format was "scrappy-happy" with purples, blacks and burgundy. I realized yesterday that aside from solids, I have not bought any fabric for six months, and am finally getting to use up all the bits and pieces on my shelves. What's left now I don't much like and don't know why I bought it, but will donate it to a craft circle for them to use and now I can buy some more!