Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Canada 150

I've been working on this quilt for longer than I'd like to remember.  It started as a bee block but I wanted it much bigger than the number of blocks I had.  It languished for almost a year while I was sidetracked with other projects. It was partially quilted until I decided I hated the quilting and unpicked it all! Finally, a dear friend's daughter announced her wedding plans and I knew that this quilt was the ideal gift for her.

So, since July 1 isn't far away and red and white are iconic colours, I'm calling this Canada 150, my personal homage to my home and country.  It isn't perfect, it isn't glamorous, much like Canada itself, but I love it and hope that Kayla will too.


It's a full double bed size quilt so I went for simple quilting.  It wasn't easy to wrestle it through the sewing machine, but if done in small doses, it went well.

I like the back too and think it looks very flag like hanging from the clothes line.


I used a thin batting so it is soft, drapes well, and isn't too heavy.





It's not always easy to get a good shot with all the wind we're getting these days!



Happy Canada Day!

19 comments:

  1. Oh my -- what a beautiful quilt! I'm sure the bride will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great you have it finished. I do love red and white quilts

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great you have it finished. I do love red and white quilts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Canada Day Quilt! It is a pleasure to see all the red and white, especially the Maple Leafs. Thank you for sharing your beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your quilt is beautiful! I need to make a red and white quilt soon. It has been on my bucket list for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I meant to add, I hope you don't mind if I put it on my Pinterest board. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! What a lucky bride!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for sharing this. We offer a range of high quality innovative brands that represent the best in each of our product categories.Dewalt Power tools

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing this. We offer a range of high quality innovative brands that represent the best in each of our product categories.Dewalt Power tools

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this informetion . we are Packers and Movers in Bangalore if you want any help please contact us thank .

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing this informetion . we are Packers and Movers in Bangalore if you want any help please contact us thank .

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing this informetion . we are Packers and Movers in Bangalore if you want any help please contact us thank .

    ReplyDelete
  16. fastest loading funnel builder Deals and showcasing channel manufacturer programming funnelxpert ... experience required; SUPER-FAST LOADING Sales Funnel Pages (the pages load in less than 3 seconds). Turning into The Fastest Funnel Builder in the World. At the point when time is cash, figuring out how to be quick at something that MAKES cash

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks to Calgary SEO , we have become more prevalent in our industry which has always been very competitive. Our rankings have gone from 9th or 10th page to 1st or 2nd position on every keyword we are targeting! Because of their ability in the SEO world, all of our employees will be enjoying a nice sized bonus this winter. Thanks Ideas Web Services!

    ReplyDelete