Monday, April 1, 2013

Light at the End of the Tunnel



It has been a long, stressful few weeks here in Dunham.  My 92-year old mother had a stroke in February and much of my time has been taken up with going to the hospital and helping her with her rehabilitation.  She will never be able to walk again, but her mind is good and she still can laugh and enjoy the small things in life. She is indomitable.

So, a lot of my personal activities were put on hold for a while, but I did manage to finish my scrappy quilt and finish a small baby quilt.  It is BIG and was a real challenge to quilt, but it's done and looks wonderful on the bed in sewing world.  I have made many bed quilts and have given them all away, so this is the first one that I actually kept and will use!!



Both the lighting and the wind did not cooperate in this photoshoot, but I think you get the general idea.  I also finished a baby quilt for a friend of my daughter who is expecting her first in April.  Making baby quilts is such fun.  For a boy I went with the bear and fox fabric and I think it's pretty cute.


Alex came home for Easter weekend.  We played cards and took and walk and generally enjoyed eating and sunshine.  Can't wait for actual spring although I did find some snowdrops hiding in the snow!


And here we are--proof of the promise of spring!




1 comment:

  1. Your mum must be amazing. It is always hard when family are sick. We tend to give everything we have got to help them and it does take its toll. Sewing is a wonderful way to spend some me time. I love your scrappy quilt. I haven't tried anything quite that adventurous . The baby quilt is great . Cute fabric. You look so happy in that photo. I hope you get your spring weather soon.

    ReplyDelete