Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Thankful

What am I thankful for--well, everything.  After four days of no power, I'm thankful that the electrical linemen are working so hard to help us all.  I'm thankful that my husband believes in being prepared, so we have a generator, a solar panel and the ability to cook on the gas stove top.  I'm thankful that we have enough food, enough wood for the wood furnace and the ability to keep each other's spirits up.


I'm thankful that after many, many days of freezing rain, snow, ice fog and rain, the sky is blue and the fallen trees have been removed so that the road is open.


I'm sorry that my children are in various parts of the world unable to join us, but I love them both and am happy that their lives are full and productive.

I'm a lucky woman!  Happy holidays to everyone, and good health and happiness in 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment